Friday 9 December 2011

Kibou Niji Rengou Rainbow Fighters Reborn. Transformation Trinkets.

As I wrote in a previous post, one of the staples of Mahou Shoujo-style stories is the transformation sequence. That's why I've written painstakingly detailed descriptions of the transformation sequences of the Rainbow Fighters. But those don't make for nice, pre-season 2 start bonuses.

On the other hand, illustrations of the transformation trinkets do! As you know (see links above), originally I made those illustrations in 3D (using Blender). Unfortunately, the latest version of that software has completely changed its interface, and I'm currently in the process of relearning how to use it. So although I will eventually have 3D drawings of the new transformation devices our friends will have in Rainbow Fighters Reborn, it'll take a while before I can even start making them.

This doesn't mean I can't draw a quick preview of them though. So, without further ado, here is a draft of the new transformation amulet of Martin a.k.a. Red Bow:

I'm actually not completely happy with how it looks right now. This said, it's only a draft. Hopefully the final version will look less plain than this! Still, comments are more than welcome. And no, I'm not going to show Angel's new transformation item. I want to limit the amount of spoilers to a minimum!

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment